Design and Manufacture for Sustainable Development
Edited by Bernard Hon
Design and Manufacture for Sustainable Development brings together a collection of papers that inspire the interchange of ideas on the theory, technology, tools, and methodology for the entire product life cycle within the framework of sustainable development. This volume embraces key subjects including strategy, design, materials, manufacturing, packaging, distribution, disposal, recycling, and auditing.
Topics covered in this volume include:
- Philosophy of, and strategy for, sustainable technologies
- Design principles for sustainable development
- Sustainable manufacturing technologies
- Use of recycling/bio-degradable materials
- Re-use and recycling design and technologies
- Environmental/economic impact analysis for product and processes
- Tools for sustainable product design
- Measurement and auditing
- Best practices and case studies
- Impact of emerging legislation
- Sectoral/consumer issues
- International trends and future development.
Sustainable development will have a fundamental impact on the engineering community since, through design and manufacture, we are responsible for the use of energy, materials, and processes for the complete product life cycle. This is an essential volume for the bookshelves of those wanting to be well informed about this evolving technology.
John Wiley & Sons, Hardback, english, 306 pages